Thai Pad Thai Noodles
One of the most popular Thai dishes, our Pad Thai, is a delicious mix of succulent prawns, silky noodles, and crunchy peanuts. Simple to assemble and super tasty, our Pad Thai recipe will leave you wanting more.
Thai Pad Thai Noodles Serves 3
- 1 packet Thai Pad Thai Noodles Spice Paste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 g (½ lb) shelled prawns
- 1 egg, beaten
- 120 g (4 oz) dried rice noodles or bean vermicelli (to soften the noodles and vermicelli, follow pack instructions)
- ¼ cup (50 g) fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges and chives or spring onions, cut into 2.5 cm (1") length as garnish
- Fish Sauce and a pinch of sugar as optional seasoning
- Heat oil in non-stick saucepan on high heat. Add prawns; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add egg and cook for 1 minute.
- Add noodles or vermicelli and Spice Paste, stir-fry for 3 minutes or until fairly dry.
- Add bean sprouts; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add peanuts and mix well. Garnish and serve hot.
Cooking tip: Chicken, squid and/or firm tofu may be used instead of prawns