1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Indian Butter Chicken
450 g chicken fillet, bite-sized pieces
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
110 mL (1/2 cup) tomato puree
110 mL (1/2 cup) thickened cream (45% fat)
3 TBsp butter
Cornflour solution: mix 3 TBsp cornflour and 3 TBsp water
375 g frozen puff pastry (follow pack instruction on rolling out pastry and put on flan dish 26cm)Grated mozzarella (optional)
1. Melt butter in a non-stick sauce pan on medium-low heat. Add onion, sauté for 2 minutes. Add chicken and Spice Paste, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato puree and thickened cream, bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Stir in cornflour solution and cook until thickened. Leave to cool.
4. Baking the pastry flan:
Pre-heat oven at 200oC (air-forced or convention). Fork the pastry, then put the cooked butter chicken on the pastry. Top with grated Mozzarella (optional) and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Variations: You may lay a pastry over the flan and bake like a pie dish.
Indian Butter Chicken: Serves 4· 1 packet Indian Butter Chicken Spice Paste
· 3 tbsp melted butter
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· ½ cup (110 mL) tomato purée or chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
· ½ cup (110 mL) water
· ½ cup (110 mL) cream or yoghurt, reserve 1 tbsp to garnish
· 450 g (1 lb) deboned roast, tandoori or fresh chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
· Fresh coriander as garnish (optional)
1. Heat butter in non-stick saucepan on medium heat; add onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato puree, water, cream and Spice Paste.
3. Add meat, simmer uncovered on low heat for 20 minutes or until it thickens. Garnish with cream or yoghurt. Serve hot.
Cooking tip: To make Dahl Makhani Use cooked black or yellow lentils and canned kidney beans to replace meat.
1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Indian Chicken Curry
4 pcs (350 g) chicken thigh
2 cups (376 g) uncooked rice
1 TBsp (18 g) yoghurt
3 cups (660 mL) water
2 TBsp oil
4 cardamom pods
1 ½ (6 g) cinnamon sticks
A pinch of salt
Fried shallots as garnish
Cilantro as garnish
½ cup raisins (optional)
1. Marinate chicken thighs with 1TBsp Spice Paste and 1 TBsp yoghurt for at least ½ hour in the chiller.
2. Heat oil in non-stick pan, brown both sides of the chicken thigh for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
3. Add cardamom pods, cinnamon, cloves, the remaining Spice Paste and a pinch of salt to the pan. Stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes. Add water and bring to boil.
4. Put the uncooked rice in a rice cooker. Pour the hot mixture over it and mix well. Place chicken pieces on top of the mixture and leave to cook.
5. Sprinkle raisins, cilantro and fried shallots as garnish.
1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Thai Red Curry
300 g fish fillets, skinned
4 long beans, finely cut
2 eggs, beaten
4 kaffir lime leaves, fine shreds
1 TBsp corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 bunch fresh cilantro as garnish, finely chopped
Oil for deep-frying
Thai sweet chilli sauce (optional)
1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Marinade for Korean Barbecue Meat (Bulgogi)
28 g thickened cream (Bulla, 45% fat)
1 pc medium sized pizza base
120 g chicken fillet, strips (10mm x 50mm)
28 g onion, thin rings
40 g white button mushrooms, sliced
20 g red capsicum, diced (8mm x 8mm)
20 g yellow capsicum, sliced (10mm x 40mm)
60 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
32 g parmesan cheese, shredded
½ TBsp white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
2 TBsp vegetable oil
1. Mix 24 g Marinade with the thickened cream to make the pizza sauce. Marinate chicken with the remaining Marinade for at least 30mins in chiller.
2. Toast sesame seeds till lightly browned. Leave aside to cool.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Pan-fry the onion and the marinated chicken (until 50% cooked) separately, and set aside.
4. Sauce the pizza base evenly with the Bulgogi sauce, 20mm away from the rim. Spread the mozzarella cheese, followed by chicken, white button mushrooms, onions, capsicums and parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in the oven at 230°C (450°F) until well cooked and golden brown.
6. Sprinkle the toasted white sesame seeds on top of the pizza. Serve hot.
We put a modern twist on an old classic with our No-Fuss Butter Chicken Flan recipe!
No one likes eating the same thing day in, day out, even if something is as delicious as Butter Chicken. For this reason, when we came across the ingenious Butter Chicken Toastie, we just had to share it with you all!
It's hard to find the perfect dish that everyone in the family will enjoy. Our No-fuss Chicken Masala Pilaf should do the trick and put a smile on everyone's face!
A favourite at Thai restaurants that you can make at home with our No-fuss Thai fish cake recipe!
Lunar New Year is drawing nearer, and in the coming weeks you may notice your local streets, shopping centres and neighbourhood come to life with vibrant decorations. Windows and doors will be decorated with red colour paper-cuts and couplets with popular themes of "good fortune" or "happiness", "wealth", and "longevity."