1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice
Paste for Thai Tom Yum Soup
450 g (1 lb) Sirloin or Rib eye Steak
100 g (3½ oz) salad mix (combination of lettuce and rocket)
1 can corn kernel, drained and use 125 g
2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
1. Pre-heat non-stick grilled pan with oil on medium heat. Pan-fry steak until medium rare or cooked. Slice thinly and set aside.
2. Mix beef, corn kernels, tomatoes, onion with Spice Paste and sugar in a big bowl.
3. Place salad mix on the platter and lay the beef on top of the bed of salad. Chill and serve cold.
1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Indian Butter
6 (1 kg) medium potatoes, skin-on and washed
200 g cooked chicken meat, finely shredded
100 g thickened cream (45% fat)
150 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
Paprika powder or coriander leaf as garnish (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven at 220°C (420°F) and bake potato (skin-on) for 50 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool. Cut potato into half lengthwise.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, keeping the potato skin intact. Place potato flesh into a large bowl and mash until smooth. Add chicken, cream and Spice Paste, mix well.
3. Scoop spoonfuls of mixture into potato skins. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 220°C (420°F) for 8 - 10 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown.
4. Garnish and serve warm.
1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Thai Tom Yum
300 g chicken fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
200 g button mushroom, thinly sliced
150 g red capsicum, cut into bite-sized pieces
100 g frozen mixed vegetables, thawed before use
1 medium-sized (80 g) onion, coarsely chopped
½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 TBsp (20 g) butter
1 ½ TBsp cream
10 pcs 6" tortilla wrap
1. Heat butter in a non-stick saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, stir-fry for 2 minutes or until soft.
2. Add chicken, mushroom, capsicum, vegetables and Spice Paste, stir-fry for 10 minutes or until fairly dry. Turn off heat and stir in cream.
3. Place tortilla wrap on bench top. Sprinkle lettuce over tortilla. Spoon cooked mixture onto tortilla and fold over to enclose. Repeat with the remaining tortilla wraps.
4. Pre-heat oven at 180°C (350°F) and bake for 5 minutes on both sides or until brown.
1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Indian Tikka
300 g canned chickpeas
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1 ½ onion, finely chopped
220 mL (1 cup) water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Stir in water, Spice Paste, chickpeas and tomatoes, then bring to boil.
3. Simmer on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
4. Serve hot with rice or Naan bread.
Did you know that our Tom Yum spice paste could be used as a salad dressing? Today's No-Fuss Friday recipe is the classic Thai Beef Salad, made easy!
On this week's No-Fuss Friday, we share a fabulous recipe for baked potatoes! I mean, who can say no to baked potatoes? These golden gems are so delicious and only consist of 5 ingredients!
Can you believe it's time for your next NO-FUSS FRIDAY recipe already? This week, we're showcasing an ingenious way of using the Thai Tom Yum spice paste to add a flavour twist to the classic burrito!
At the Asian Home Gourmet HQ, we've been busy developing a series of no-fuss recipes for the launch of NO-FUSS FRIDAYS on our Facebook page! Every Friday, we'll be publishing a new tasty recipe that can be prepared by you...